Areas Affected: Floyd
.Minor flooding continues along the Cedar River at Charles City.
River forecasts take into account both observed and forecast
The Flood Warning continues for
The Cedar River at Charles City.
* until Tuesday afternoon...Or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:30 PM Monday the stage was 12.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall...Dropping below flood stage later tonight. Additional rises are then expected to begin by the end of the work week.
* Impact...At 12.0 feet...Barricading of streets begins, and the intersection of Riverside and North Illinois Streets may be flooded. Cable pedestrian bridge is closed. &&
Do not drive cars into flooded areas. Remember, it only takes two feet of water to float most automobiles, including sport utility vehicles. Turn Around, Don`t Drown! Additional river and weather information is available at... http://www.weather.gov/lacrosse .
Areas Affected: Franklin
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a
* Flood Warning for... Northeastern Hardin County in central Iowa... Southwestern Franklin County in north central Iowa...
* Until 345 PM CDT Tuesday.
* At 344 PM CDT, emergency management continued to report flooding around Iowa Falls and areas upstream from an ice jam located between Foster Park and Riverbend Middle School on the Iowa River. River levels remain high across much of the area along and around the Iowa River through Hardin and Franklin Counties.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... Iowa Falls, Eldora, Alden, Union, Steamboat Rock, New Providence, Whitten, Popejoy, Owasa, Pine Lake State Park, Iowa Falls Municipal Airport and Eldora Municipal Airport.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles. Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the dangers of flooding. Stay away or be swept away. River banks and culverts can become unstable and unsafe. Please report flooding to your local law enforcement agency when you can do so safely.
Areas Affected: Humboldt; Kossuth
...The Flood Warning has been extended for all or portions of the
following rivers in Iowa...Des Moines River...Raccoon River...North
Affecting the following counties in Iowa...Boone...Dallas...
...The Flood Warning continues for all or portions of the following
rivers in Iowa...Des Moines River...West Fork Des Moines River...
East Fork Des Moines River...
Affecting the following counties in Iowa...Humboldt...Kossuth...
River forecasts include observed precipitation, as well as expected
precipitation over the next 48 hours.
...Flood Warning remains in effect until further notice...
The Flood Warning continues for
The East Fork Des Moines River near Algona, or From Buffalo Creek
near Burt...to Lotts Creek near Livermore.
* Until further notice.
* At 9:15 PM Monday the stage was 18.6 feet, or 1.6 feet above Flood Stage.
* Flood Stage is 17.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and is forecast to continue.
* Forecast...rise to 18.7 feet, or 1.7 feet above Flood Stage, after midnight tonight. Then begin falling.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet, US 169 is threatened near Saint Joseph and may be overtopped south of Algona. &&
If you encounter a flooded area, turn around and find an alternate route. Turn around, do not drown. More information--including impact statements and crest histories--is available on the Web at... www.weather.gov/desmoines. Click on the Rivers and Lakes link.