SEVERE WX: Winter Weather Advisory - Winter Storm Watch View Alerts
STREAMING NOW: Watch Now
CLOSINGS: View Closings

No snow and businesses

How the lack of flakes is impacting area businesses.

Posted: Fri Jan 11 20:40:48 PST 2019
Updated: Fri Jan 11 20:40:49 PST 2019

Speech to Text for No snow and businesses

Below is the closed-captioning text associated with this video. Since this uses automated speech to text spelling and grammar may not be accurate.

rejoicing over the lack of snow this winteráá others say they need snow to make ends meet. káiámát news three's brian tabick is finding out how one plow driver is fairing without the extra income.xxx on the scene natural sound there's plenty of salt on the roadwaysáábut what there isn't much of. natural sound snowáá but who would have thought the amount of snow could spark it's own debate. i kind a like it myself it's pretty boring while judy hoppes and denny don't agree on the lack of snow. what about the snowmobilers what about building snow forts you can't even have a decent snowball fight they are out taking advantage of the clean streets ... with a drive. natural sound but for those like dalayne germundson of mason city autos. usually december january we get a lot of snow and car sales are usually down during those months so i try to go out and plow snow germundson says this year is going fairly well for car salesáábut he's no stranger to needing the snow to survive. last year was it a tough year for car sales snow removal wasn't like it was being an hour you think it be so it was a struggle last year with bills and licensing fees racking upáá best and hoppes can set aside their differences on this one. the poor guys who rely on moving snow for a living they don't have a very good thing going on right now. luckily for dalayneáácar sales are holding strongááas he waits one of we took to facebook to find out what you think of the lack of snow this january... 34 percent of viewers say it doesn't really feel like winter... and the other 66 percent say it's just amazing.///
Mason City
Broken Clouds
11° wxIcon
Hi: 15° Lo: 6°
Feels Like: -5°
Albert Lea
Broken Clouds
wxIcon
Hi: 14° Lo: 4°
Feels Like: -3°
Austin
Clear
16° wxIcon
Hi: 16° Lo: 7°
Feels Like: 4°
Charles City
Overcast
16° wxIcon
Hi: 15° Lo: 5°
Feels Like: 2°
Rochester
Overcast
12° wxIcon
Hi: 16° Lo: 6°
Feels Like: 0°
Brutally cold air is on the way.
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Preventing frozen pipes

Image

Keeping the runways clear

Image

Catholic community conversation

Image

Affordable Housing and the Government Shutdown

Image

North Iowa Bulls' Poczos recalled to NAHL club

Image

North Iowa Bulls' Poczos recalled to NAHL

Image

Tuesday Evening Stormteam 3 Forecast

Image

NIACC's Willems named ICCAC Player of the Week

Image

North Iowa Bulls' Poczos recalled to NAHL team

Image

Southern Minnesotans hit the slopes during winter storm

Community Events