ROCHESTER, Minn. -
Jesse Nelson, a tow truck driver tells KIMT he pulled at least 20 cars out of ditches during the snow storm.
Most of the drivers stayed in their cars - other ditched their vehicles.
Nelson says there is no right or wrong answer if your car is stuck but one piece of advice is to call law enforcement.
"I'd recommend at least calling law enforcement, being able to let them know it is there in the ditch and they are okay," Nelson said.
Nelson says law enforcement will have the car and who towed it on record, so the owner can get hooked up with the towing company.
- What to do after car gets stuck
- Semi gets stuck on railroad tracks
- Getting un-stuck in the snow
- Iowa officials say person stuck in grain bin died
- Authorities: Iowa man died after getting stuck in garbage truck
- MN National Guard called out to assist motorists stuck in the snow
- Watch: Iowa State Patrol trooper lends helping hand to stuck motorist
- Mason City community members help hockey team stuck in town due to snow
- Iowa unemployment rate stuck at 2.4% for 3rd lowest in US
- Running car thefts