ROCHESTER, Minn. -
The city is putting safety first by recommending cars alternate between parking on the odd and even sides of the streets.
One Minnesotan says while parking may be difficult, the city is taking the right steps.
"It's Minnesota so it's gonna be difficult parking anytime during the winter but I think it's just part of the game that we play living here," Andrea Hanson said.
The snow emergency will last until March 14th and public parking ramps will be open to residents until Monday at 9 a.m.
- City declares snow emergency
- Septic system emergency declared in Minnesota
- Emergency situation declared in Freeborn County
- State of Emergency declared in Dodge County
- Snow emergency declaration: City of Rochester says storm 'could result in a serious threat to public safety'
- 'Peacetime state of emergency' declared in 36 Minnesota counties
- President Trump says he's declaring emergency to build border wall
- Gov. declares a public health disaster emergency in Iowa
- Freeborn County declares State of Emergency due to 'dangerous situation'
- Ebola outbreak in African declared an international emergency