ROCHESTER, Minn. - The group "Save the Track" is raising funds for a softer alternative to asphalt. Today Carroll's Corn - a gourmet popcorn store - got in on the fundraising. 25 percent of sales go to the cause. Shaun Palmer is on City Council but is also a member of the Track Club.
"You got to remember, that was a gift to the community for all Olmsted County, for all the youth to use as an athletic facility," Palmer said. "We need to keep it as what we need to be, as an athletic facility."
The Park Board is expected to decide whether or not they will repave on August 13th.
- Fundraising to Save the Track in Rochester
- Power of the Purse fundraiser in Rochester
- Rochester Public Schools warns against misleading fundraiser
- Raising awareness to save the track
- Proponents of Rochester's 'Save the Track' cite history, health and wellness
- Fundraising efforts for Joice library on track for rebuilding
- Sprinkler system saves Sola Salon in Rochester
- Fundraiser at Rochester JM for family recovering from fire
- Runners speak out against changes to Rochester community track
- UPDATE: Home saved after garage fire in NW Rochester