ROCHESTER, Minn. -
With a 31 million dollar price tag with 630 parking spaces - 90 of them are being managed by the Hilton Hotel and the other 540 for the public.
Some of the technology the ramp features includes license plate recognition and automatic vehicle locators.
When checking out the new parking ramp, we found an employee at the Hilton Hotel who says the ramp fills a huge need for parking in a city growing exponentially.
"Parking has always been an issue downtown," Matt Anderson said. "As the city grows, we're gonna need more parking. It's good to have the new parking ramp."
The ramp is on the Northwest corner of First Street and First Avenue Southeast.
- Ramp 6 opens next week
- New Parking Ramp Set to Open
- New parking ramp opens in Rochester
- Boating season ramping up
- NIACOG launches 'Handicap Ramp' program
- Guilty plea in Minneapolis parking ramp killing
- I-35 ramp closures Thursday in Worth County
- Accident closes highway off ramp in Rochester
- Schools ramp up security measures in wake of Florida shooting
- Two-vehicle crash on Highway 52 on-ramp in Rochester