ROCHESTER, Minn. - In February, the City Council approved for MetroNet to build a cable system adding more options for people in Rochester.
They are expected to start work this week in certain neighborhoods. There will be signs and mail letting residents know when construction will start.
One man talks about what this new system could add.
"When you bring in brand-new stuff, it's more efficient," Gary Hansen said. "It runs better, it's also for the future. The future consists of more bandwidth. With newer technology, it will drive the competitor to try and meet a higher standard as well."
Metronet is expected to cover 80 percent of homes within the next five years.
- MetroNet giving Rochester another cable option
- New Cable Franchise Coming to Rochester
- Rochester's Fall Commuter Challenge highlights new options
- Bringing more Kosher options to Rochester
- City of Rochester reviewing geese management options
- Another child care option in Rochester
- Healthier Cooking Oil Options
- Fall produce options
- Two new flight destination options coming to Rochester
- Adding options to deal with Rochester's transportation issues