ALBERT LEA, Minn. -
To improve the ater, the Shell Rock River Watershed District is planning on managing the rough fish populations and restoring the streambank. The House Capital Investment Committee visited the City to hear their concerns. One representative is not sure if they will fund the restoration or not.
"When we resume session in February, we'll begin to look at all the projects throughout the state," Minnesota House Rep. Raymond Dehn said." "We have somewhere in essence of 4 billion dollars of requests, chances are we won't be able to fund all of those requests so we'll have to make those hard decisions on those projects that actually get the funding."
The Shell Rock River Watershed District is asking for 7.5 million dollars in the next year.
- Restoring Fountain Lake
- Dredging continues at Albert Lea's Fountain Lake
- Fountain turns 150
- Dredging of Fountain Lake's impact on local businesses
- Local father raising money for water fountains
- Power Blinks Affect Businesses in Fountain
- Clear Lake residents say their power is being restored
- Contract awarded: "...it's time to bring it home and get Fountain Lake dredged.”
- Bystanders help rescue elderly woman after vehicle plunges into Albert Lea's Fountain Lake
- Restoring a treasured memento