ROCHESTER, Minn. - KIMT News 3 got a behind-the-scenes look at how 16 new flavors are being made.
Kemps pasteurizes 300,000 gallons of milk in a week, which is around 4,800 gallons an hour.
With the heat, Rachel Kyllo, the Senior Vice President of Growth and Innovation at Kemps says ice cream sales soar.
"So 70 percent of our ice cream is sold over the summer months and July and August are the biggest volume months for us," Kyllo said.
National Ice Cream Day will be July 21st.
- Learning how ice cream gets made when demand soars in the summer
- Man sentenced for robbing ice cream store
- New ice cream shop gives teens work experience
- Students learn how maple syrup is made
- Dover-Eyota soars past Caledonia
- Local ice cream shop feeling high price of vanilla: 'You have to weather the storm'
- Ice Cream Fundraiser raises money for Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota
- 46 ice cream trucks are being seized in a New York City crackdown
- Another person was caught on camera licking ice cream in a store, police say
- Rochester Games and Arcade opens in Rochester: games, ice cream, axe throwing