CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- In order to spruce up the Surf District, the Clear Lake city leaders purchased a dilapidated house on the corner of Buddy Holly Place and Highway 18 in order to tear it down.
Those with the city said Thursday that they have started preparing the old home for demolition. Those in the community, like Chad Goeman, said this will make a world of difference for this area.
“You can see by looking at it that’s it’s not very appealing,” said Goeman.
Goeman doesn’t even live a block from the house and said he was excited to learn the city hopes to have the structure demolished this fall.
“The City of Clear Lake does stuff like this all of the time to beautify our town,” he said. “I think they have done a good job at it.”
Those on the council said they have no yet started talking about what they will do with the land when the house comes down.
- Dilapidated Clear Lake house set to be demolished this fall
- Trial set in Clear Lake crash
- Trial set in Clear Lake boating crash
- Clear Lake falls in semifinal heartbreaker
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- The Barrel Drive-In, a Clear Lake classic, is being demolished
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller