ROCHESTER, Minn. -
When we scan our items and lug our cars to the grocery stores, all we want to do is go home. For most of us the last thing we think about is our identity being taken.
Jeff Wachowiak says it's on his mind and he makes sure he protects himself.
"I block when I'm putting in my pin, I pay attention to what's on the register, the actual cost," Wachowiak said. "Third, I make sure I get an actual receipt to close the deal."
At the end of the day, he just wants people to get the chance to shop safely and hopes a solution will be found soon.
"I just hope the grocery stores put enough security in line," Wachowiak said.
If you are concerned, make sure to contact the Rochester Dolice Department's non-emergency line if you are concerned about skimmers where you shop. Also make sure to consider buying an RFID wallet.
- Beware of grocery store skimmers
- Man arrested in grocery store attack
- Shutdown affects grocery stores offering SNAP
- Fareway Grocery Store coming to Byron
- North Iowa grocery store seeking public feedback
- Austin man pleads not guilty in grocery store assault
- Austin man to be sentenced for grocery store hostage situation
- Man dies following grocery store fight in Minneapolis
- Grocery store coming to Mabel after years without one
- Wanted man taken into custody at Rochester grocery store