ROCHESTER, Minn. -
Gage Elementary School paraprofessional Michael Baumgartner works three jobs to make ends meet.
"Lack of funding especially the lack of staffing in certain positions really makes it harder for educators to work in the classroom," Michael Baumgartner said.
Baumgartner says - education is priceless.
"It's very important to fund education because it boils down to not just an education and preparing that child for college, it's preparing that child for life, to be a functioning member of our society, to know the rules, to know how we function," Baumgartner said.
Representative Tina Liebling says we need to do more.
"Really school funding has not kept up with inflation over the years," Liebling said. "Students come in with a lot of needs. There's always a question of whether we're adequately funding our schools."
Senator Carla Nelson issued a statement and also attended the meeting saying, "We passed the largest education funding bill in Minnesota history. Education funding was increased by 1.3 billion dollars."
- Legislators talk about funding for public education
- Fighting for special education funding
- Education a top priority in new Iowa legislative session
- Finding funding for Minnesota Public Schools
- Legislative wrap up
- Iowa GOP proposes $32 million in new education funding
- Planned Parenthood sues Iowa over sex education fund denial
- Law enforcement educating public on impaired driving during Thanksgiving weekend
- Dispatchers educating the public with the 411 on 911
- Austin Conference Educates Public On Autism Challenges in Community