ROCHESTER, Minn. - PVN, which stands for Preservation Design Works, says the Rochester Downtown Commercial Historic District meets the criteria to be designed a landmark after visiting sites and consulting historic newspaper articles, photographs, maps and books. John Kruesel says this is big news for the city.
"This is a big step forward after let's say many parties being engaged with this process for 45 years or more," Kruesel said.
The next step is to inform the property owners in the approved recommended district of the designation before City Council rules on any steps forward.
- Designating area for Rochester's downtown district
- Rochester downtown district hits road block
- Crash in downtown Rochester
- Rochester's Downtown Farmers Market Returns
- Pannekoeken returns to downtown Rochester
- Downtown Rochester intersection to close
- Dogs take over downtown Rochester
- RochesterFest button design winner
- Cleanup money approved for downtown Rochester development
- "Ashes to Go" in downtown Rochester