ROCHESTER, Minn. -
The District approved a proposal from architectural and engineering firm LHB/CRW to design the new middle school and three new elementary schools.
Superintendent Michael Muñoz talks about the steps it took to get to this part of the process.
"It's just a process we use, whenever we do projects like this, we put out an RFP, people come in and make bids," Muñoz said. "When I mean by blind scoring, they look at their proposals, we don't know the name of the company, we just look at the proposals, then they are scored, the top 3 are brought in for face-to-face interviews."
The design fee for the new schools is just over 7.5 million dollars.
- Design Team Proposal chosen for RPS
- Happening tonight: RPS Citizen's Voices meeting
- RPS sends out survey for feedback
- RPS has professional dance company teach classes
- Parents react to overcrowding at RPS
- Developer chosen for 127-unit Rochester apartment complex
- Looking ahead: RPS board decides if it should reinstate the Community Focus Team
- RochesterFest button design winner
- RPS American Indian Education holds 2nd Annual Powwow
- Newton Ave. site chosen for Albert Lea's new fire station