Rochester, Minn. - The cost to reconstruct the airport runway is $67M.
The cost to renovate and expand the Rochester Police Department's North Precinct to house different departments is around $22M.
These projects are all part of the Capital Improvement Program for the city. But the total recommended budget is around a whopping $387.6M.
It's a lot of dough - but City Administrator Steve Rymer says there are lots to look forward to next year.
"Over the course of time, Rochester has had steady growth, obviously with Destination Medical Center being here, into year 6 of that, with other things happening, housing, other development," Rymer said. "We're also just taking care of existing infrastructure, just to make sure what we have is well-maintained and building new to keep up with growth."
The budget will be formally considered and adopted in December.
- Looking at Rochester's 2020 recommended $387M budget
- Recommended 2020 budget presented at Rochester City Council Study Session
- Rochester City Council plans for 2020 budget
- Tweaking the Rochester city budget
- Hockey concussion recommendations
- Rochester School Board approves responses to 4 recommendations
- New budget process unveiled in Rochester
- Trump 2020 budget projects big deficits despite spending cuts
- CDC gives recommendations on upcoming flu season
- NCAA recommends women's wrestling as 'emerging sport'