ALBERT LEA, Minn. -
At the Albert Lea City Council meeting, they discussed the Blazing Star Landing and Community Center Project.
The point is to add more private developments like retailers, a hotel, apartments and a community center.
City Council member Larry Baker talks about why they just hope to get moving soon.
"It's time for us to take this next step," Baker said. "It's a big step but I think it's an important step for the city for the simple reason. It just keeps our momentum going forward. It would be another attraction to attract businesses, people, and tourists.
City Council wil meet again on June 10th to discuss whether or not they will support a 20 million dollar bonding bill for the development.
- Making progress on Blazing Star Landing
- Community Weigh In On Blazing Star Landing Project
- Iowa flight makes emergency landing in Milwaukee
- Plane makes unexpected landing on Clear Lake
- Glider makes emergency landing in Worth County
- Rochester Honkers land two on all-star team
- River City Renaissance projects progressing
- Rochester Fire: Overnight blaze destroys vehicle, badly damages garage
- House near Clear Lake considered total loss after blaze
- Blaze destroys synagogue in Minnesota city; cause unknown