MASON CITY, Iowa – A battery charger is being blamed for a fire at Young Construction.
The Mason City Fire Department says a charger being used on the battery in a truck in the storage area of the business on North Federal Avenue accidentally started the blaze on Tuesday.
Firefighters arrived at the scene around 3:47 am and spent three hours battling flames in temperatures as low as -25 degrees. The Fire Department says the truck was a total loss but the Young Construction building sustained only minimal fire damage, with additional smoke and water damage.
A total of 23 firefighters and medics work on this fire.
- Young Construction fire blamed on battery charger
- Albert Lea house fire blamed on recharging batteries
- Young grillmasters
- Scholarships for young women pursuing the construction industry
- Deadly fire blamed on kerosene heater
- Garage fire blamed on electrical overload
- Vikings defense dominates Chargers in road victory for 10th win
- Change your clock, change your batteries
- Co-op installing batteries in member homes
- 'Young Authors, Young Artists' conference encourages creativity