MASON CITY, Iowa - With the season of giving upon us, local students are giving back to those serving in the military.
YIELD students put together 35 care packages for our men and women serving in Afghanistan.
YIELD stands for youth investing energy in leadership development. They reached out to local grocery stores and retailers to donate items soldiers says they wanted.
Snacks, playing cards, and letters have been collected.
This means a lot to one student participating as her father once received care packages when he served.
“They would include all of his favorite foods, letters from us, puzzles to do - things he didn't have access to while overseas,” Abbigail Brosdahl said.
They're already sending three care packages to local soldiers, including one in Turkey. They are accepting requests until the end of the month to send packages to local troops.
Contact the Mason City Chamber of Commerce to have one sent.
- YIELD students put care packages together for soldiers
- Care packages for troops a friendly competition
- Minnesota Senate approves package of GOP health care bills
- Virgils Auto Care puts billboard on Pulver Towing's lot
- Authorities: Warrant yields drugs as Rochester man arrested
- Driver cited for failure to yield after 2-vehicle Rochester crash
- Ohio student suspended for project meant to honor fallen soldiers
- Package thefts on the rise
- Local dentist office collecting candy for soldiers