FILLMORE COUNTY, Minn. - A Wykoff man has died after a single-car accident on Friday.
The Fillmore County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a single car accident on Friday, Jan. 5 around 7:30 p.m. It happened in the 28000 block of Morgan Road.
Officials say a passerby who lives in the area was traveling south and observed a vehicle off the roadway. That person checked the vehicle, found an injured driver, and called 911.
The vehicle was a 1992 Buick Riviera, traveling southwest on Morgan Road towards Fillmore. The driver was 62-year-old Dale Benike of Wykoff. He was the onle occupant of the car.
Authorities say the vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree. Benike was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Fillmore County Sheriff's Office, Chatfield Police Department, Wykoff Fire, and Chatfield Ambulance all responded to the scene.
- Wykoff man dies in single-car accident
- Wykoff residents thanked for cooperation
- Wykoff man hurt in Goodhue County crash
- Wykoff man pleads guilty to chainsaw burglary
- Wykoff man sentenced for chainsaw burglary
- Southern Minnesota man dies after ATV accident
- Man dies in northeast Iowa farm accident
- Single-vehicle accident in Steele County involving two Stewartville women
- Car/deer accident blocked I-35
- Authorities say Cresco man died in NE Iowa snowmobile accident