DES MOINES, Iowa – The death of a North Iowa woman whose burned body was found in southern Iowa has been ruled a suicide.
The Iowa Office of the State Medical Examiner has conducted an autopsy and says Sharon Kay Mortiz, 63 of Northwood, died of smoke inhalation and thermal injuries. Her remains were found in a burned out car in rural Davis County on January 27. The Iowa Department of Public Safety says the car was registered to Moritz and he has family in the Davis County area.
When her body was identified, the Worth County Sheriff’s Office said they did not have any report of Moritz going missing.
- Worth County woman's death ruled a suicide
- Judge rules against Worth County dog breeder
- Grain bin death in Worth County
- Austin woman sentenced for Worth County meth
- Worth County woman sentenced for meth
- Worth County charges dismissed against Minnesota woman
- Central Iowa family massacre ruled murder/suicide
- Worth County crash Monday morning
- 2-car accident in Worth County
- Fire in rural Worth County