NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A man accused of illegally receiving unemployment benefits is pleading not guilty.
Jason L. Berding, 45 of Fertile, was arrested in March and charged with 1st degree fraudulent practice. Investigator say he got 54 weeks of Iowa unemployment payments to which he was not entitled. The payments happened between February 2015 and June 2018 and total $17,321.17.
Berding is now scheduled to stand trial on July 10.
- Worth County man to stand trial over unemployment benefits
- Albert Lea man to stand trial for Worth County pursuit
- Worth County duo to stand trial for meth and pot
- Applications for US unemployment benefits drop 13,000
- North Iowa man accused of illegally receiving unemployment benefits
- Rochester man found incompetent to stand trial
- Accused embezzler to stand trial
- Albert Lea man to stand trial in Winnebago County
- Wisconsin man to stand trial in Winnebago County
- Floyd County man to stand trial for drugs