NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A North Iowa dog breeder is pleading not guilty to 17 counts of animal neglect.
Barbara J. Kavars, 66 of Manly, was charged after 154 Samoyed dogs and four cats were removed from her property in November 2018. Authorities say the animals were living in bad conditions and suffering from a variety of health problems.
Kavars entered a not guilty plea Tuesday in Worth County District Court. A non-jury trial is scheduled to begin on July 23.
- Worth County dog breeder pleads not guilty to animal neglect
- Worth County dog breeder charged with 17 counts of animal neglect
- Judge rules against Worth County dog breeder
- Winneshiek County farmer admits to animal neglect
- Taking a look at Iowa breeder laws after Worth Co. dogs were rescued
- Court: Dogs, cats will not be returned to Worth County woman who has been charged with animal neglect
- Three plead not guilty in Worth County burglary
- Forest City man pleads not guilty to Worth County crimes
- Emmons man pleads not guilty in Worth County crash