CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - While Labor Day is considered to be a holiday full of rest and relaxation, and also the unofficial "end of summer", some don't have that luxury.
Lake Liquors in Clear Lake was open for business Monday, and owner Justin Buffington says he had a steady stream of customers coming in, and at times got busy.
He says holidays like Labor Day tend to be fairly busy, and it's not just for individual customers.
"Always very busy. Part of our customers are restaurants, bars, golf courses, so we have a service to provide to them as well because they're busy over the holidays. So we have to make sure we're supplying those customers in addition to our retail customers."
He adds that holidays are especially important for those in the wine and spirits industry.
"Holidays like Labor Day, we're always open because those are the holidays when people are out and about, maybe enjoying their day off, so we're here to provide the service for them."
The store is closed, however, for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Working on Labor Day
- Volunteers spending their Labor Day weekend working
- Labor Day weekend travel
- CURE hosts Labor Day Picnic
- Two Labor Day weekend festivals in Mason City taking place
- StormTeam 3: Showers Saturday, warmer on Labor Day
- Working through the snow days
- 116 traffic deaths in Minnesota between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day
- University of Iowa Labor Center to close
- How Dorian could pummel Florida and other parts of the US east coast on Labor Day