MASON CITY, Iowa – A Clear Lake woman is sentenced after drunkenly crashing into a Cerro Gordo County sheriff’s patrol car.
Stacey Irene Lester, 44, pleaded guilty to OWI-1st offense. Authorities say a sheriff’s deputy had made a traffic stop in Clear Lake at around 12:30 am on October 27 when Lester crashed her vehicle into the deputy’s patrol car. Lester reportedly tried to drive away but was caught within a few blocks.
No one was injured in the crash.
Lester has been ordered to spend two days in jail and must pay a $1,250 fine.
- Woman sentenced for smashing into law enforcement
- Man sentenced for smashing windows
- Franklin County man sentenced for standoff with law enforcement
- Law enforcement stepping up patrol
- Law Enforcement and social media
- Law Enforcement Has Trouble Hiring
- UNI smashes Hampton, 44-0
- St. Ansgar woman accused of assaulting law enforcement
- Man sentenced for smashing into Mitchell County cabin
- How does encryption affect local law enforcement?