DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A woman has been imprisoned for her role in the slaying of a Des Moines man.
Polk County court records say Crystal Purdy was sentenced Thursday to 35 years. She'd pleaded guilty to burglary and conspiracy to commit a forcible felony after prosecutors dropped a murder charge for the slaying of Cody Channon on Jan. 9.
Her plea deal calls for her to testify against others involved, including William Burton II. He's pleaded not guilty to a murder charge.
Investigators say they suspect Burton, Purdy and another man who has yet to be charged went to Channon's home to confront him, and then Burton intentionally shot Channon once in the chest. Police say Burton and Purdy told investigators the gun went off during a scuffle.
- Woman sentenced for Des Moines murder
- Des Moines police investigating deaths of woman, 2 children
- Homeless on the move in Des Moines
- Medical marijuana facility proposed for Des Moines
- Des Moines Register ordered to conceal information
- Gunshots end football game in Des Moines
- Six hurt in Des Moines shooting
- Update: Amber Alert canceled after 2 found in Des Moines
- #3 with glee, Clear Lake is dreaming of Des Moines.
- Des Moines police say 4-year-old dies in accident