MASON CITY, Iowa – A Coralville woman is set to stand trial for punching a Cerro Gordo County jailer in the face.
Misty Lea Whitecotton, 40, pleaded not guilty Monday to assault on person engaged in certain occupations resulting injury. She was arrested in Clear Lake on July 2 for public intoxication and authorities say while Whitecotton was being moved to another cell, she struck a county correctional officer in the face with a closed fist. The jailer suffered a black eye with swelling and redness.
Whitecotton’s trial is due to being on November 6.
- Woman pleads not guilty to punching a Cerro Gordo county jailer
- Accused knife-thrower pleads guilty in Cerro Gordo County
- Northwood man pleads guilty to Cerro Gordo Co. drug crime
- Man pleads guilty to breaking a woman's face in Cerro Gordo County
- Not guilty plea in Cerro Gordo County meth case
- Two guilty pleas in rural Cerro Gordo County break-in
- Authorities: Woman charged after allegedly punching Cerro Gordo Co. correctional officer in face
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant