MASON CITY, Iowa – A woman accused of assault involving a flyswatter is pleading not guilty.
Jennifer Kay Casey, 41 of Ankeny, is charged with two counts of domestic abuse assault for an incident on April 17 in Clear Lake.
Police say Casey attacked two people in the 1500 block of N. 8th Place. Court documents state Casey hit a man with a cane and a flyswatter, causing numerous cuts to his arms, chest, and neck. Casey also allegedly pulled a woman’s hair and pulled a chair out from under her.
Casey is also accused of spitting on her victims.
Her trial is now set to begin on July 30.
- Woman pleads not guilty in Clear Lake assaults
- Rochester woman pleads not guilty to Clear Lake burglary
- Rochester woman accused of Clear Lake burglary pleads guilty
- Clear Lake woman pleads guilty to meth crime
- Clear lake woman pleads not guilty to false report of attempted assault
- Austin woman pleads guilty to bar assault
- Not guilty plea to burglary and assault in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake man pleads not guilty to domestic assault and harassment
- Clear Lake man pleads guilty to marijuana crime
- Clear Lake man pleads not guilty to sexual abuse