DAKOTA CITY, Iowa – A Fort Dodge woman accused of attempted murder has agreed to plead guilty to a lesser offense.
Vilma Cyreena Velasquez, 26, entered a guilty plea Monday in Humboldt County District Court to harassment and assault while displaying a weapon.
Authorities say Velasquez and Nicholas Joseph Bradley, 35 of Fort Dodge, tried to kill Austin Dean on April 29. Velasquez is accused of chasing after Dean with a baseball bat while Bradley reportedly hit Dean with his pickup truck while Dean was riding a bicycle.
No sentencing date has been set for Velasquez. Bradley is scheduled to stand trial for attempted murder on November 27.
- Woman pleads guilty in Humboldt County attempted murder case
- Duo pleads not guilty to attempted murder in Humboldt County
- Attempted murder charges in Humboldt County
- Prison sentence in Humboldt County attempted murder case
- Another plea deal in Humboldt County attempted murder
- Woman pleads guilty in Humboldt County crash that killed a 12-year-old
- Northwood man pleads not guilty to attempted murder
- Man accused of attempted murder pleads guilty to arson
- Accused attempted murderer and girlfriend both pleading not guilty
- Northeast Iowa teens plead not guilty to attempted murder