ROCHESTER, Minn.- The weather is warming up - and more people are out and about biking the trails and taking advantage of the outdoors.
KIMT News 3 is learning one woman is left with a broken bike after being assaulted on a path in downtown Rochester, near the Mayo Civic Center.
The call came in around 9 PM on the east center street bridge.
Police tell KIMT there were two joggers passing and one clotheslined the cyclist’s chest, leaving her in shock on the ground.
There were no seriously injured. now - police are warning riders to pay extra attention.
“I would recommend that people be aware of their surroundings. What's going on people that are near,” Said Officer Doug Remling.
We bike Rochester, a local bike organization, will have a solidarity ride on April 18th. The goal is to show that crimes like assaulting a rider won’t go unnoticed.
- Police: Woman assaulted riding her bike in downtown Rochester
- Adding bike lanes downtown
- Arrest made in downtown Rochester bar assault
- Rochester Bike Summit 2018
- Rochester police: Woman sexually assaulted after couple accepts ride home from bar
- A bike ride with a 'sweet' reward
- Family bike ride to support area youth
- Moonlight Bike Ride lights up Mason City
- Crash in downtown Rochester
- Rochester woman treated after apartment complex assault