MASON CITY, Iowa – Punching a county jailer in the face nets a Coralville woman a deferred judgment.
Misty Lea Whitecotton, 41, pleaded guilty to assault on a person engaged in a certain occupation for a July 2 incident. Authorities say she was arrested for public intoxication in Clear Lake and, while being booked into the Cerro Gordo County Jail, hit a correctional officer in the face.
Whitecotton is sentenced to one year of supervised probation and must pay a $625 civil penalty. If she satisfies the terms of her probation, this conviction will be wiped from her record.
- Woman gets deferred judgment for jail assault
- Deferred judgment for alley thief
- Deferred judgment for Cresco tire slasher
- Deferred judgment for Mason City robber
- Prowell gets deferred judgment for pot
- Deferred judgment in Mitchell County marijuana arrest
- Worth County teen gets deferred judgment
- Teen gets deferred judgment for dealing pot
- Deferred judgment for marijuana at school
- Deferred judgment for North Iowa jewelry thief