ROCHESTER, Minn. – A 20-year-old woman is facing a charge of mail theft after she allegedly stole a bottle of pills from a mailbox.
Nicole Thorson, or Rochester, was arrested after a neighbor near the 3600 block of 8 ½ St. NW saw a woman going through a group of four mailboxes around 8 p.m. Tuesday. The neighbor was able to take a picture of the vehicle and license plate, which led authorities to a male who said his girlfriend was using the car.
Thorson denied stealing mail before saying she only took one item – a prescription bottle – and it was found one pill was missing. Thorson is also being charged with fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance.
Thorson allegedly told officers that she didn’t know her grandmother’s address and was trying to find where she lived.
- Woman charged with mail theft after neighbor snaps photo of vehicle, license plate
- New blackout license plates popular in Iowa
- Rochester woman arrested again for mail theft
- Rochester woman pleads guilty to mail theft
- Minnesota needs $43 million to fix new license plate system
- First new design license plate issued in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County all out of "Blackout" license plates
- Man charged with mail theft in Hancock County
- Different pleas from mail theft suspects
- Howard County attorney loses license and charged with another theft