ROCHESTER, Minn. - A Rochester woman is facing charges for allegedly harboring a wanted man.
Authorities said Karen House, 55, is facing charges of obstructing justice, harboring a fugitive and aiding an offender in the 200 block of 16th St. NE.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office said she is friends with Brian Rathbun, who was a wanted man, and harbored him for at least 24 hours.
House claimed she didn’t know he was wanted but made no effort to cooperate with law enforcement to try to get him out of the house.
Rathbun was found in the home after he locked himself in the bathroom. Authorities deployed a pepper spray gun and he surrendered.
- Woman charged for allegedly harboring wanted SE Minnesota man
- SE Minnesota woman facing charges for allegedly hitting boyfriend with beer bottle
- Man wanted after allegedly fleeing taken into custody in SE Minnesota
- Sheriff: SE Minnesota man arrested for assault after allegedly chasing a woman with knife
- Minnesota man charged for allegedly pushing boy, 8, from waterslide
- 1 injured in Highway 52 crash after man allegedly fled authorities in SE Minnesota
- SE Minnesota man arrested for allegedly shooting, killing family dog in front of young child
- Man, 31, accused of criminal sexual conduct that allegedly occurred at SE Minnesota high school
- Sheriff: SE Minnesota man arrested for allegedly storing stolen goods in exchange for meth
- Authorities in SE Minnesota searching for missing 88-year-old woman