CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A woman wants her attempted murder trial moved out of Floyd County.
Jennifer Katherine Bean, 44 of Charles City, is accused of trying to kill her mother by injecting her with insulin. Bean has filed a motion asking for a change of venue, citing “extensive media publicity” of her case from Waterloo to Mason City. Bean also describes herself as a “well-recognized person within the Charles City, Floyd County area.”
The Floyd County Attorney’s Office has filed a motion opposing a change of venue, describing pre-trial publicity as “limited and non-prejudicial.”
A hearing on moving Bean’s trial out of Floyd County is scheduled for January 22.
- Woman accused of attempted murder wants trial moved out of Floyd County
- Attempted murder charge filed in Floyd County
- Trial for accused attempted murderer delayed
- Worth County attempted murder trial is on the move
- Attempted murder trial delayed in Olmsted County
- Charles City woman accused of attempted murder
- Floyd County man accused of murder in Jasper County
- Attempted murder trial canceled in Rochester
- Attempted murder trial delayed again in Austin
- Attempted murder trial pushed back to December