MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A photographer is accusing Minnesota Twins star Miguel Sano of grabbing her wrist and trying to kiss her and pull her through a door after a 2015 autograph session.
Betsy Bissen accused Sano on Thursday in a tweet, saying what he did amounted to assault.
Bissen works as a photographer for publications including TwinsDaily. She said she had long been afraid to tell her story for fear of losing access to shoot Twins games. She says she screamed and resisted Sano until he gave up.
Sano denies the allegations. The Twins say they take the allegations seriously but made no other comment.
Bissen didn't respond to phone, email and social media messages from The Associated Press seeking an interview.
- Woman accused Twins player of misconduct
- Twins hire ex-Rays player, coach Rocco Baldelli as manager
- Twin Cities Woman Involved in Hwy 52 Accident
- President Trump says accusations of sexual misconduct 'fabricated'
- Minnesota priest arrested on accusations of sexual misconduct
- Candidate for Iowa governor accused of sexual misconduct
- Northeast Iowa police chief accused of theft and misconduct
- Twins' Mauer announces his retirement
- UPDATE: Lawyer denies sex misconduct allegations against U of M basketball player
- Woman accused of check forgery