CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A 100 mph chase results in Floyd County jail time for a Wisconsin man.
Leonard Michael Lewis, 21 of Madison, WI, was arrested after a pursuit on January 15 that started with high speeds on Highway 27 and ended in a foot chase through a farm field after Lewis abandoned his vehicle.
A Floyd County deputy and a Charles City police officer suffered minor injuries in the incident.
Lewis pleaded guilty to eluding, operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent, and interference with official acts resulting in bodily injury. He’s been sentenced to 30 days in jail, a $315 fine, and two years of probation
- Wisconsin man sentenced for 100 mph chase in Floyd County
- 100 mph chase ends in Floyd County ditch
- Not guilty plea in 100 mph Floyd County chase
- Wisconsin man sentenced for 100 mph motorcycle ride
- Man sentenced for 100+ mph chase through Rocester
- Trial set for 100 mph pursuit in Floyd County
- Man arrested after Mower County chase that hit 100 mph
- Guilty plea in 100+ mph chase
- Plea change in 100 mph chase
- Cross-border chase reaches over 100 mph