HOUSTON COUNTY, Minn. – A tragic start to the weekend after a teenager dies on a Minnesota road.
State Patrol said it happened Friday night around 6:00 p.m.
A Buick with three 16-year-old girls inside was traveling north on Highway 76 in Houston County.
The driver lost control, causing the car to leave the roadway.
Authorities said one of the passengers was Sophie Moe of Winona. She wasn’t wearing her seat belt and died in the crash.
The other two girls were taken to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse. State Patrol said they were wearing their seatbelts.
- Winona teen dies in Houston County crash
- Winona County killer sentenced
- Lanesboro man in Winona crash
- Winona teen arrested after school shooting message
- Two injured in Houston County crash
- Winona man killed in Thursday morning crash
- CWD found in Winona County deer
- More CWD found in Winona County
- Rochester man in Winona County collision
- Teen arrested for threat to shoot up Winona High School