WINONA, Minn. – A teen is arrested after an online reference to a possible school shooting.
The Winona Police Department says it was notified Thursday morning of a Snapchat message about a possible shooting at Winona Middle School. Police say the message was sent Wednesday evening by a 15-year-old Winona boy.
Officers took the boy into custody Thursday and his case will be referred to the Winona County Attorney for criminal charges. Police say there is no indication anyone else was involved in the message.
“The individual that alerted law enforcement did the right thing,” says Police Chief Paul Bostrack, “and the Winona Police Department encourages anyone with similar information on this or any similar incidents to immediately contact law enforcement.”
- Winona teen arrested after school shooting message
- Teen arrested for threat to shoot up Winona High School
- Teen stabbed overnight in Winona
- Winona teen dies in Houston County crash
- Winona County killer sentenced
- Child porn charges against Winona school janitor
- Lanesboro man in Winona crash
- Highlights: Austin vs Winona softball
- Winona remembers the lives lost in the Christchurch mosque shootings
- Winona man arrested after chase through seven counties