UTICA, Minn. – A man is in jail after Winona County sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of a shooting Sunday night.
Deputies were called to a home in the area of Sandstone Drive and Burt Road at round 10:20 pm. They say their investigation showed that a female had been injured as a result of a car window being smashed out, with the glass cutting her head while she was sitting in the car. She was treated on the scene and released.
A search was launched for a second female who had left the area on foot and a Minnesota State Patrol helicopter was called in to assist. That female later contacted authorities and spoke with deputies. She was not hurt in the incident.
After a search of the residence found several firearms and spent shell casings, deputies concluded that Justin Lee Hahn, 31 of Utica, had fired various guns. They say further investigation showed Hahn had pointed a handgun at the female who had been cut by the broken car window.
Hahn was arrested and faces a charge of 2nd degree assault with a dangerous weapon.
The St. Charles Police Department, Lewiston Police Department, and the Lewiston Ambulance also assisted at the scene.
- Winona County man arrested after a report of shots fired
- Winona County killer sentenced
- Man found dead after Winona house fire
- Winona man arrested after chase through seven counties
- Rochester man in Winona County collision
- Lanesboro man in Winona crash
- Winona teen arrested after school shooting message
- Report of shots fired in Olmsted County
- Winona man arrested at gunpoint pleads not guilty
- Winona man killed in Thursday morning crash