CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - Grant Maulsby owns the Surf District restaurant, which happens to share a parking lot with the Surf Ballroom next door. He says when the Wing Ding comes to town Friday, it's a big moneymaker.
The restaurant is even hosting a pre-Wing Ding party for some of the candidates. Bernie Sanders will even be giving a speech at the Surf District after the event is over.
KIMT News 3 contacted a local hotel who said summer is usually a busy time for them, but with the Wing Ding in town, they are booked solid through the weekend.
According to Maulsby, not only does Clear Lake get to benefit from political events like the Wing Ding, but Iowa's caucuses are good for the entire state's economy.
- Wing Ding bringing plenty of money into Clear Lake
- Democratic Wing Ding increasing security for event in Clear Lake
- Photos: Presidential candidates attend Wing Ding in Clear Lake
- Fast clean up for Wing Ding
- Wing Ding 2019: 1-on-1 with candidate Bernie Sanders
- Aerators off in Clear Lake draws plenty of opinions
- Avenatti doesn't make announcement at annual Democratic Wing Ding but draws big crowd
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- EPA grants money to replace bus at Clear Lake Schools
- Clear Lake schools looking to bring Ag classes to students