Wind Chill Warning
Areas Affected: Black Hawk; Bremer; Butler; Cerro Gordo; Emmet; Franklin; Grundy; Hamilton; Hancock; Hardin; Humboldt; Kossuth; Marshall; Palo Alto; Poweshiek; Tama; Winnebago; Worth; Wright
NWS DesMoines (Central Iowa)
...Dangerous Wind Chills Continue Through This Morning... .Very cold temperatures persist through this morning but conditions will gradually improve. Winds in general are much lighter today but there are occasional gusts to between 15 and 20 mph. Wind chills will finally rise above dangerous levels around noon. ...WIND CHILL WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...Dangerously cold wind chills. Wind chills between 20 and 35 below zero through the noon hour.
* WHERE...Northern to east central Iowa.
* WHEN...Until 1 PM CST this afternoon.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The dangerously cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 5 minutes.
A Wind Chill Warning means the combination of very cold air and the wind will create dangerously low wind chill values. Frostbite can occur quickly and even hypothermia or death if precautions are not taken.
- Wind Chill Warning still in effect for some, but warmer temps on the way
- Wind Chill Warning: Wind chills of 30 below or less
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect as feels-like temps expected to reach 35 below
- Coming up: Wind chill temps could reach 50-below this week
- Wind Chill Warnings issued for Tuesday-Thursday; Wind chills as low as 60 below zero possible
- StormTeam 3: Wind Chill Advisory up as Blizzard Warning ends
- StormTeam 3: Wind Chill Warning for Thursday AM
- Winter Weather Advisory, Wind Chill Warnings: A breakdown by county
- The cold continues: Wind Chill Warning, Advisory until Friday morning
- StormTeam 3: Wind chills return to the forecast as temps drop well below the norm