Charles City, Iowa – Antoine Williams, convicted of second-degree murder in the killing of Nathaniel Fleming, has been sentenced to 50 years in prison and must serve 70 percent, which equates to 35 years behind bars.
Williams was found guilty on Oc. 18.
Williams, 36, was convicted of killing Fleming outside the apartments in the 2100 block of Clarkview Dr. in Charles City on June 30.
Williams was taken into custody a few days later in Chicago.
During the trial, he said the shooting was a result of self-defense.
KIMT will have more on this, including victim-impact statements, later.
- Williams sentenced to 50 years for Charles City murder
- 50 years since devastation hit Charles City
- Prison sentence for Charles City child endangerment
- Charles City man sentenced for violent robbery
- Woman sentenced after Charles City knife threat
- Final sentence in Charles City home invasion
- Charles City man sentenced for drunken crash
- Second sentence for Charles City burglary
- Charles City man's murder trial delayed again
- Charles City woman accused of attempted murder