Charles City, Iowa – A Floyd County jury has found Antoine Williams guilty of second-degree murder. Williams was charged with first-degree murder.
Williams will be held without bond.
The maximum sentence for second-degree murder in Iowa is 50 years. Williams will have to serve at least 35 years.
The jury came back with its decision Wednesday morning. Williams was convicted of killing Nathaniel Fleming outside the apartments in the 2100 block of Clarkview Dr. on June 30.
Williams was taken into custody a few days later in Chicago.
During the trial, Williams said the shooting was a result of self-defense.
Williams took the stand Tuesday. You can read what he testified below:
- Williams convicted of 2nd-degree murder in Floyd County case
- Attempted murder charge filed in Floyd County
- Not guilty plea in Floyd County murder
- Floyd County jury convicts Mason City man of drug dealing
- Floyd County man accused of murder in Jasper County
- Floyd County crash turns deadly
- Tractor fire in Floyd County
- Guilty pleas in Floyd County farm burglary
- Two hurt in Floyd County rollover
- Floyd County foundation announces annual grants