ALBERT LEA, Minn. - Those with snow tires don't experience as much trouble while driving. However, considering this April snow, some people may regret getting them taken off too early.
Marc Collins, with Collins Auto Repair, said he's not surprised by this April snowfall.
He said they've already taken some people's snow tires off, but it can be a guessing game of when the best time is to make the switch.
"It's always a gamble at this time of year," Collins said. "I would say probably wait until toward the end of April, depends on what kind of driving. If you have a lot of out of town driving to do, it's probably worth getting them off."
Collins said people get them off early so the dry pavement doesn't wear out the tires.
- Time to ditch your snow tires?: 'It's always a gamble at this time of year'
- More gambling and gambling problems in Iowa
- National Responsible Gambling Week
- Tracking the timing of this weekend's snow
- Rochester tire slasher sentenced
- Time to extract honey
- Daylight saving time ends
- Iowa sports gambling is now legal
- Long-time journalist celebrates retirement