PANORA, Iowa (AP) — A western Iowa man faces kidnapping, sexual abuse and other charges after authorities say he beat and raped a woman.
The Guthrie County Sheriff’s Office tells Des Moines television station KCCI that deputies were called to a Lake Panorama home near Panora after midnight Wednesday. A woman told them that 34-year-old Michael Mackenzie Taylor punched her in the face and choked her until she passed out, then forced her into nearby trees where he raped her. She said Taylor threatened to kill her if she made a sound.
Deputies say the woman eventually managed to escape and run to a nearby patrol car.
Taylor is being held at the Guthrie County Jail on a $1 million cash-only bail. If convicted of all charges, faces life in prison.
- Western Iowa man accused of kidnapping, sex abuse
- Iowa man convicted of kidnapping and sex abuse
- Northeast Iowa man charged with kidnapping and sex abuse
- Iowa teacher accused of student sex abuse
- NE Iowa man facing sex abuse charge
- Rochester man convicted of kidnapping and sex abuse
- Austin man accused of child sex abuse
- Hampton man accused of kidnapping
- Iowa YMCA administrator accused of child sex abuse
- Sex abuse sentence in northeast Iowa