MASON CITY, Iowa – A wrong-way-crash Friday night near the Mason City Municipal Airport was fatal, the Iowa State Patrol said.
The accident happened around 7 p.m. and involved at least one vehicle that rolled.
The state patrol said a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan driven by 80-year-old Richard Westcott of Clear Lake was going eastbound in the westbound lane. That's when he collided with a 1991 Ford F-150 driven by Travis Stohr, 51, of Woden.
Authorities say Westcott died and Stohr was airlifted to Rochester for his injuries.
We're told neither men were wearing their seat belts and the accident remains under investigation.
The crash blocked Highway 122 between Mason City and Clear Lake until around 9:30 p.m.
Stay with KIMT for more details on this incident as they become available.
- Wrong-way crash near Mason City kills Clear Lake man
- Clear Lake man charged in Mason City theft
- Clear Lake man accused of stealing car in Mason City
- Monday's prep basketball highlights - Mason City at Clear Lake doubleheader
- Clear Lake could support Mason City's bid for RAGBRAI stop
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Mason City man accused of fleeing Clear Lake police Monday on motorcycle
- Trial set in Clear Lake crash
- Clear Lake teacher quits after crash
- Clear Lake driver in southern Minnesota crash