AUSTIN, Minn. – A Dodge County man accused of trying to steal an SUV in Mower County is pleading guilty.
30-year-old Tyler Bill Stroud of West Concord was arrested on October 9 and charged with 1st degree aggravated robbery, terroristic threats, and 5th degree assault. Authorities say that when Stroud was being driven from Kasson to Adams so he could pick up a motorcycle, Stroud announced he was going to take the vehicle and told the driver to pull over and get out.
Law enforcement says when the driver did not do so, Stroud put him in a headlock and punched the driver several times in the face. The driver then pulled over near the intersection of 4th Street SW and Carr Street SW. Stroud reportedly took the keys and got out of the vehicle, but the driver locked the doors and Stroud could not reopen them. A Mower County deputy says he arrived on the scene to find Stroud pacing around the SUV.
Stroud entered a guilty plea Monday to terroristic threats. His sentencing is scheduled for December 28.
- West Concord man pleads guilty to terroristic threats
- Rochester man pleads guilty to terroristic threats
- Garage fire in West Concord
- West Concord Historical Society collecting blizzard memories
- West Concord man killed in Goodhue County crash
- Rochester man gets probation for terrorist threats
- Austin man pleads guilty to knife threat
- Rochester man pleads guilty in knife threat
- Man pleads not guilty to hospital threats
- Kasson man pleads guilty to threat and weapons charges