GOODHUE, Minn. – One person is dead after a two-vehicle collision Tuesday morning.
The Minnesota State Patrol says it happened around 9:47 am at the intersection of Highway 58 and County Road 9 in Goodhue County. Trent Wayne Hinkel, 46 of Lancaster, California, was southbound on the highway and Roger Ray Herrick, 64 of West Concord, was northbound. The State patrol says Herrick turned left onto the county road and there was a crash.
Herrick was killed. The State Patrol says he was not wearing his seat belt.
A passenger in Hinkel’s vehicle, Rhonda Kay Hinkel, suffered non-life threatening injuries and was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester for treatment. Everyone in Hinkel’s vehicle was wearing a seat belt.
Goodhue police, the Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office, Goodhue First Responders, and Zumbrota Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- West Concord man killed in Goodhue County crash
- Garage fire in West Concord
- Rochester man injured in Goodhue County crash
- Wykoff man hurt in Goodhue County crash
- Rochester duo in Goodhue County crash
- Byron driver hurt in Goodhue County crash
- Rochester driver crashes in Goodhue County
- Dexter woman in Goodhue County crash
- West Concord Historical Society collecting blizzard memories
- Rochester man arrested after deadly Goodhue County crash