Just how thin was the line between a small amount of snow and significant snowfall this weekend?
Some areas in southern Minnesota and northern Iowa received around eight inches of snow. Others, however, received around an inch.
Albert Lea, Rochester, some areas in northern Kossuth county in Iowa received around eight inches of snow. Austin tallied around 4.5 inches, while locations such as Garner, Clear Lake and Mason City received between 2-3 inches. Moving to the east, Charles City received around an inch.
Take a look at the map for snowfall totals from the weekend.
- Weekend snow totals range from an inch to upwards of 8 inches
- Snowfall totals reach 17.5 inches in massive March storm
- Rain totals likely to exceed 3 inches through Thursday
- Snow totals are in, and most of viewing area received between 5 and 8 inches
- Winter Storm Watch issued, 3-6 inches of snow possible
- 1-3 inches of snow on the horizon for viewing area
- Unemployment inches up in February in Minnesota
- 24-hour rainfall totals eclipse more than an inch in most of viewing area
- After 7.5 inches Wednesday, Mason City shattering April snowfall record
- Thursday showers leave 2-3 inches of rain in some locations