Rochester, Minn. – According to Rochester police, it was an “unprecedented” weekend for robberies. They are saying the amount from this weekend usually occurs over the course of a month or two.
A common theme was money was taken in all but one of seven reported robberies. Many were caught on surveillance videos but no arrests have been made.
Here’s a timeline of the robberies.
1. Quarters Apartments at 832 21st Ave. SE – Friday around noon
An 18-year-old was threatened by two black males who said they had a handgun. He was robbed of more than $1,000 in cash.
2. El Buen Vino Liquor Store at 1831 24th Ave. NW – Saturday at 12:14 p.m.
Three black males in dark clothing entered the store. One had an automatic handgun. They demanded money and took several hundred dollars in cash.
3. Intersection of 60th St. and 25th Ave. NW - Saturday at 4:45 p.m.
A Godfather’s pizza delivery driver had just made a delivery and was car-jacked at gun point. There were two suspects on foot and both had guns. One suspect pointed the gun at the driver’s side while the other pulled him out of the car. The car was stolen but recovered around 10 p.m. in the 4500 block of 21 ½ Ave. NW.
4. Motel 6 at 2107 W. Frontage Rd. – Saturday at 5:25 p.m.
Two suspects entered and demanded money and took less than $200. One of the suspects was armed with two handguns.
5. Fairfield Inn and Suites at 470 17th Ave. NW – Saturday at 6:03 p.m.
Four black males entered the hotel and demanded money from the clerk at gunpoint in a back room. They took several hundred dollars. Suspects were seen driving off in a red or maroon Pontiac G6.
6. Silver Lake Park – Saturday at 6:03 p.m.
Around the same time as the Fairfield Inn robbery, a 32-year-old male walking north on 7th St. when a male came running out of the woods armed with a knife. He was described as a while male with a bears and brown jacket. The suspect tripped and fell and the complainant was able to escape.
7. 400 block of 14st St. SE – Sunday night
A 50-year-old was going to by an iPhone from a female when a suspect, a black male around 17, robbed him and took around $300.
- Weekend of robberies 'unprecedented' in Rochester
- 2nd person charged with robbery after weekend incident in Rochester
- Knifepoint robbery reported in Rochester
- Plea entered in Rochester robbery
- Trial set in Rochester robbery
- Man sentenced for Rochester robberies
- Rochester man loses robbery appeal
- 'Unprecedented' spring flooding possible in U.S.
- Rochester police investigating apparent armed robbery
- Six robberies in Rochester under investigation