OSAGE, Iowa – A Waterloo man gets probation after a plea deal in a sex crime case.
James John Vanquathem, 43, was charged in August 2017 with 2nd degree sexual abuse. He was accused of having sexual contact with a seven-year-old child in Osage in June 2014.
Vanquathem pleaded guilty in July to a lesser charge of child endangerment and has now been sentenced to two years of supervised probation. Vanquathem must also complete all recommended mental health treatment.
- Waterloo man gets probation in Mitchell County sex crime case
- Waterloo man sentenced for Floyd County crimes
- Probation in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Eagle Grove man gets probation for sex crime
- Mason City man gets probation in sex abuse case
- Man on probation until he's 97 for Freeborn County sex crime
- 25 years of probation for Rochester sex crime
- Battle of Waterloo preview
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- Probation in Olmsted County child porn case